Final Ski Trip Reminders
We are all looking forward to the ski trip on Tuesday, March 14. Here are a few final reminders.
• Students must be at the school at 7:30 a.m. to load the buses. The bus will leave at 7:45 a.m. Students who are not here at that time will be left. Parents who are driving to the hill may come to the school first or go right to the hill. Please ensure we know that you are taking your child if you are going directly to the hill. Mrs. M’s text # 250-794-8930. A reminder that the hill is on Alberta time.
• Dress in layers, and make sure your attire is appropriate for the weather conditions. Wearing or bringing extra layers that can be put on or off if it gets colder or warmer is essential. Do not wear a scarf, a neck tube is more appropriate. Please make sure you label all of your belongings.
• Bring sunglasses or ski goggles, sunscreen, and an extra pair of mittens.
• Remember helmets are mandatory, so bring one or be prepared to rent one.
• Do not bring valuables, including ipods, iphones, or ipads. We cannot be responsible for their safety.
• Use the garbage cans on the bus. Students will be asked to ensure the bus is clean before getting off at Whispering Pines or back at Taylor Elem.
• Pack a lunch and some extra snacks. Put any money you bring in a zippered pocket. Do not bring a lunch that requires a microwave.
• Thank you to all parents who have volunteered to go on the trip. Teachers attending the trip will be Mr. Brownlee, Mrs. Austin, Ms. Maddocks, Mrs. Taillefer, Ms. Gould (grade ¾ student teacher) and Mrs. McDonell.
• The bus is expected to return to Taylor around 5:00 p.m. Please ensure you have made arrangements and your child knows to walk home or be picked up. Students have been told that they need to know how they are going home before they leave in the morning.
• Clearview will be on the hill at the same time so all students will be wearing small ribbons on their helmets, similar to a few years ago, so that parent helpers can help keep track of our kidlets.
Thanks and let’s have a fun day!
Students listened and learned about instruments and the opportunity to become a part of SD#60’s band program. Grade 5 students met with Mrs. Gunn to discuss next year’s opportunities.
Students learned about weather and what happens when we have extreme weather. They also learned about electricity and the dangers associated with it.
Taylor Elementary’s school Science Fair is going to be held on Tuesday, March 7.
Who? Grade 4-6
Where? in the TES gym
When? Tuesday, March 7
8:30-9:00am Students may set up their boards
9:00-12:00pm Judging – no spectators please
12:45-2:45pm – parents and students may view projects
Just a reminder to parents and students:
All published books and order forms with money are due back to the school. Forms were due March 1 but our dearest Mrs. Olson has allowed us to extend it 🙂 Books are due Friday, March 3.
All forms and money must be handed in by March 9.
Thank you to Mrs. Austin for her hard work taking a lead on this year’s Christmas Concert and to all the staff for their great contributions. Great job students on performing admirably, adding excitement and humour and creating a memorable show!
Photos by Dave Lueneberg